If you only read one childbirth book, this one has it all. This book covers both childbirth and the roles of partner and doula.
This book really personalizes your feelings about childbirth and will take you on a journey of self discovery.
If you learn through storytelling, this is the book for you. This book particularly addresses pain and labor.
Our doula collective is a one-of-a-kind, innovative solution for serving our clients better. We are a group of independent CAPPA doulas in Charlotte that came together to figure out a way that we could better serve new parents in our area. We noticed three needs that we wanted to meet above and beyond what were able to do working on our own:
• Parents want doulas with a lot of experience.
• Parents want doulas who will be available no matter when they go into labor.
• Parents want doulas that they can afford.
Sounds easy, right? But what we found was that the more experience a doula has, the less available she is. Plus, every doula has a family and a life and sometimes gets sick or has a family emergency. If you want a guaranteed backup plan for all of those unforeseen events, the cost begins to rise. So, we decided to work together to meet all 3 of these needs in a ground breaking way!!
Here is what our collective can offer you:
• Two doulas for the price of one!
• You hire your primary doula (me!), and you will automatically have a secondary doula at no extra charge.
• Both doulas will attend your prenatal meetings, help you prepare for your birth and answer any and all questions you may have.
• Your primary doula will attend your birth. If, for some reason, she is unable to attend, you will already have a back-up doula at the ready. Unlike a traditional back-up, this is someone that you already know equally well, have worked alongside in your preparations and already feel comfortable with!
• The doula that attends your birth will follow up with you at your postpartum appointment.
That’s it! No surprises! No chance of being left without assistance. Less stress. And no hidden costs!
All the doulas I work with are CAPPA trained or certified, and we are all similar in our birth philosophies, our scope of practice and in the labor techniques that we utilize